Dr. Carmen Buffington is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology. She is also credentialed as a Health Service Psychologist with the National Register of Health Service Psychologists. She received a doctor of psychology (Psy.D) degree in clinical psychology from Georgia School of Professional Psychology in Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Buffington completed her pre-doctoral internship and post-doctoral fellowship with the Houston Independent School District. Thereafter, she provided suicide prevention, crisis management, and therapy services to students as a campus based psychologist in Houston ISD. She currently completes consultation and psychoeducational evaluations in the Special Education Department of the Spring Independent School District.
Dr. Buffington provides psychological services for children, adolescents, and young adults. In terms of therapy, she uses a holistic approach centering around cognitive behavioral therapy. Therapy services are provided in the areas of trauma, disruptive behavior disorders, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, depression, anxiety, and grief.
- Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.), Clinical Psychology, Georgia School of Professional Psychology in Atlanta, GA
- Master of Arts (MA), Clinical Psychology, Georgia School of Professional Psychology in Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Psychology, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
- Health Service Psychologist (The National Register of Health Service Psychologists)