Dr. Amanda Richter joined Moore Mental Health & Behavior Services in 2019. She is a Provisionally Licensed Psychologist and an Affiliate Sex Offender Treatment Provider. Dr. Richter received her doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Dr. Richter’s research and passion has focused on helping youth involved in the juvenile justice system, with a special emphasis on youth with sexual behavior problems. She completed her pre-doctoral internship at Rockdale Regional Juvenile Justice Center and her post-doctoral training with Brazos County Juvenile Services. Dr. Richter also has a master’s degree in Juvenile Forensic Psychology from Prairie View A&M and is a former probation officer for Harris County Juvenile Probation.
Dr. Richter currently provides psychotherapeutic services and completes psychological evaluations for children and adolescents. She is experienced in completing court-ordered psychological evaluations and has testified in court for youth pending juvenile charges or sex offender registration. She specializes in the assessment and treatment of youth with disruptive behavior disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, depression, anxiety, trauma, LGBTQIA, and youth with sexual behavior problems. Dr. Richter is also a proud member of the LGBTQIA community and has advocated for youth in the juvenile system. She helped create a Gay-Straight Alliance at the McLennan County State Juvenile Prison, the first of its kind. She is also a certified trainer of Project Equity, an Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention program to teach others the unique needs of LGBTQI youth involved in the foster or juvenile system
Dr. Richter is a fan of ice hockey and tries to attend as many Dallas Stars’ games as possible each season, especially when they play her Chicago Blackhawks. She also enjoys attending various concerts in the Houston/Austin/DFW area.
- Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.), Clinical Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL
- Master of Arts (MA), Clinical Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL
- Master of Science (MS), Juvenile Forensic Psychology, Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Criminal Justice, University of North Texas, Denton, TX
- Provisionally Licensed Psychologist
- Affiliate Sex Offender Treatment Provider
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Texas Psychological Association (TPA)